Having one kid seems really hard until the second one comes along. While Courtney and I have been homebodies for most of our relationship we still ate out at up-and-coming restaurants quite often, went to concerts routinely and even did the weekend getaway/extended weekend vacation. That’s all over with two kids now. Our next vacation will come at Christmas to go see my family in Florida. And it’s very hard to leave one of us alone with both kids…when they’re not sleeping.
Here are a few other things I don’t even contemplate doing anymore.
- Drinks after work.
- Going to see a show/concert that starts after 9 p.m.
- Let’s face it, I haven’t been to a concert since Eddie Vedder in August of 2008. Next concert is Pearl Jam 1 year and 1 day later.
- Stay up past 11 p.m. to watch TV, play video games or surf internet.
- Sleep-in past 6:30 a.m.
- Meet my wife for dinner right after work.
- Go to movies in a theater.
- See a Cubs game. We did with 1 kid with sitter, not with 2. Maybe next year, with the World Series and no home move.
- Take as many photos of the second kid: Sorry Evie
- Did I mention, spend evenings blogging? Seriously, this was all written last Wednesday, minus the tenth "thing."